Monday, July 20, 2009

One last time

oh little friend of mine
do you ever wonder where we'd be
if you never let go of those fraying threads
that one gently bound your life with me?

oh good old friend of mine
do you remember that one birthday
when you fell asleep driving with me?
we had nowhere to go, anyway

we had nowhere to go, anyway

Oh toughest friend of mine
You got a job; had bills to pay
did I know it was another one last time?
Youd glance at me and then look away

Oh silly friend of mine
You broke up with the boy you had
and called me that one last time
That conversation was so good, so bad

It was so good and so bad

Oh carefree friend of mine
Remember racing to the sea
Just to spend the day away from home
like we'd never have anywhere to be

Oh for one last time I'll remember that crazy drive
to each others houses at a thousand miles and hour
We could have died so many times, in that car
But now we can die somewhere else;
we had already died on that drive

No comments: