Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank You

If there is one thing about you I will always remember
it is the last morning we spent together
when you rolled over and looked at me, in the face, and paused before you said
"you are pretty"
And I felt like when i did look into your eyes it wasnt just my face you saw
For a brief second I thought you were telling me what ive been trying to affirm in myself for so long
And even though a piece of me had long since realized you refused to allow yourself to be content with me
For that brief second I felt like I could break free of the path i've been trapped on
For that brief second I felt like you finally saw me, for the first time
It wasn't long after that you left me to chase things you thought I couldn't see
And it wasn't long after that I went behind the screens and haze where I felt more encapsulated
But it was the analytical and honest look on your face that held so much promise
That pause that caused my physiology to scramble
That pause that made me uncomfortably aware of my existence
that pause that made me to fall in love with breathing again in ways I cant fully understand for now
that for now, I will carry in the back on my head
Like pressed flowers in an old diary

No comments: